This is old stuff, but I'd still like to share! Before Thanksgiving I sent a family homework assignment. Each family was to decorate a Tom Turkey to disguise him so the farmer wouldn't recognize him. Here are some of the creations. They turned out super cute and every year I am delighted but the different ideas and creativity.
A mermaid turkey! I've never seen one of those before. (Ava B.)
A turkey hiding in a Jack O' Lantern (Cole) and a butterfly turkey (Ava R.)
A turkey disguised as Rudolph (Zack) and a cowboy turkey (Kinslee).
Here you can see a doctor (Allison) and a hunting turkey (Joseph).
Here are cowboy (Jacob) and farmer turkeys (Annika).
A super hero turkey (Dylan) and a Santa turkey (Eliza.)
An Easter Bunny (Izzy) a Santa turkey (Carson) and a doctor turkey (Courtney).
A farmer turkey (Myrah) and a snowball turkey (Kayla).
Here is our "Save the Turkeys" bulletin board that was inspired by the Chic-Fil-A Cow commercials. You know, the ones that say "Eat more chikin." We read a book about some runnaway turkeys, and the kids colored turkeys and made signs that say "Eat more ______." They each had to decide what they would tell people to eat more of if they were a turkey and they had to spell it themselves but stretching out the word and finding any sounds they know. This is a difficult task for kindergarteners! I like to see their "Kid Writing."
This turkey is saying "Eat more apls." (Ava B.)
This one says "Eat more pesabrg," which is pizza burgers. (Kinslee)
Here are the tear art fall trees we made in November.
And last we have our Scarecrows and pumpkins. We made a scarecrow book that could have been stapled to the scarecrow belly but the kids voted not to put it on there.
Hope to get some Christmas pics up soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment