Tuesday, October 18, 2011

We have been BUSY!





Oh, how the time does fly!  We have been SUPER busy in our classroom.  We did this project way back in September.   I got this idea from Kim Jordano.  It is a glyph that tells about the students.  I do this every year but it took a long time this year because, in case you didn't notice, I custom made each child's hair to their liking.  The girls were kind of picky and it was a little tedious, but they are so stinkin' cute!


When we had our apple tasting day at the end of September, we made a "graph" to display in the hallway.  Each student chose his favorite color and added it to the tree.  After that we analyzed our data by filling in a graph for each color and circling the one that had the most.  We will be doing many more activities like this in the future.


In all of the busyness we need to have some fun too.  So, to mix things up a bit, I brought out the shaving cream so that we could practice the letter M.  The kids thought this was pretty neat.  It was funny how worked up they got about it getting on their arms or it sticking to their hands.  I have heard of so many teachers that do this and love it because it makes the tables clean, but I tell you what, we had a real time getting rid of it at the end.  I think we used a whole role of paper towels!




These pics are our spiders that we did a couple of weeks ago.  The kids had to cut the circles from squares and accordian fold the paper, which was excellent fine motor skill work.  We also filled in a the spider fact sheet showing the numbers of each spider body part.










This last photo is our "Spider Spaghetti."  We made a list of the ingredients that would be in spider spaghetti.  The kids helped me to spell the words by s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g them out.  In the future I hope to do more interactive writing with the kids and share the pen with them, allowing them to write letters and words.



I am very pleased with the progress I have been seeing in the kiddos lately.  We are getting better with writing and almost half of the class chooses to write for free time, just for fun!  It is so awesome to see their budding abilities.  Thanks to all the parents who have taken the time to send a note about the blog, and also those who have contacted me with any concerns or questions for your child.  I have no problem answering any questions you have, and email is always the best way to get  in touch with  me.  Keep in touch!  I hope to get some more stuff posted soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment